I am a second year Dunham Jackson Assistant Professor at the University of Minnesota in the School of Mathematics mentored by Arnd Scheel . I completed my PhD in Mathematics with some applications in theoretical neuroscience at the NeuroMathComp project team part of Inria Sophia Antipolis, University of Nice and ENS Paris .
The scientific fields I am interested in are:
- Dynamics of Nonlocal Evolution Equations
- Pattern formation
- Nonlinear waves
- Mathematical Neuroscience
I have been awarded a NSF Grant from June 1st 2013 to May 31st 2016 on "Spatiotemporal pattern formation in some nonlocal and local dynamical systems": DMS 1311414.
- T. Andreson, G. Faye, A. Scheel and D. Stauffer
Pinning and Unpinning in Nonlocal Systems. (PDF)
- C. Browne and A.L. Dickerson - Mentors: G. Faye and A. Scheel
Coherent Structures in Scalar Feed-Forward Chains. (PDF)
- G. Faye and A. Scheel
Existencee of pulses in excitable media with nonlocal coupling. (PDF)
- G. Faye and J. Touboul
Pulsatile localized dynamics in delayed neural-field equations. (PDF)
SIAM J. Appl. Math., (2014), In Press.
- Z. Kilpatrick and G. Faye
Pulse bifurcations in stochastic neural fields. (PDF)
SIAM J. Appl. Dyn. Syst., 13(2) (2014), pp. 830-860.
Present and past undergraduate students
- Rachel Riedhammer : undergraduate student (University of Minnesota, College of Liberal Arts), Spring 2014.
- Joe Marino and Chris Nolting : undergraduate students (University of Minnesota, School of Physics and Astronomy), Spring 2013, (with Derek Lee).
- Chelsi Harrell : undergraduate student (University of Minnesota, College of Liberal Arts), Spring 2013.
- Barbara Gris : M1 student (ENS Paris), Summer 2011, Internal Report, (with O. Faugeras).
Sept 2012-present: Dunham Jackson Assistant Professor in the School of Mathematics of the University of Minnesota mentored by Arnd Scheel .
Sept. 2009 - Aug. 2012: PhD of Mathematics specialized in theoretical neuroscience under the direction of Pascal Chossat and Olivier Faugeras working at the NeuroMathComp lab of mathematical and computational neuroscience located in France both at the INRIA Sophia-Antipolis and at the INRIA Rocquencourt in Paris.
2008: "Agrégation" of Mathematics (option: scientific calculus).
2007-2009: student in Mathematics at Ecole Normale Supérieure de Cachan .
2005-2007: student in Mathematics at Ecole Normale Supérieure de Lyon .