Applied Mathematics Lecture Notes
Last Updated: January 4, 2014
- The first 11 chapters, including the exercises, are now published as a self-contained textbook, Applied Linear Algebra, coauthored with Chehrzad Shakiban.
- Most of chapters 11-15, 17, 18, and 22, including the exercises, are now incorporated in my new textbook, Introduction to Partial Differential Equations.
- The remaining chapters, appendices, and additional material are still available online in the author's various lecture notes.
- Thanks to everyone for their encouraging feedback and comments!
- Linear Algebraic Systems.
- Vector Spaces and Bases.
- Inner Products and Norms.
- Minimization and Least Squares Approximation.
- Linear Dynamical Systems.
- Iteration of Linear Systems.
- Boundary Value Problems in One Dimension.
- Fourier Series.
- Fourier Analysis.
- Vibration and Diffusion in One-Dimensional Media.
- The Laplace Equation.
- Complex Analysis.
- Dynamics of Planar Media.
- Partial Differential Equations in Space.
- Nonlinear Systems.
- Nonlinear Ordinary Differential Equations.
- The Calculus of Variations.
- Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations.
A. Vector Calculus in Two Dimensions.
B. Vector Calculus in Three Dimensions.
C. Infinite Series.
Click here to return to Peter Olver's home page.